02 August 2011

Track Your Package

The office where I work is located inside a building that serves various functions. When I started here, packages were left in a mail room on the first floor, but after we moved within the building four years ago, new delivery procedures were established: the regular delivery people for UPS, FedEx, and DHL know that packages addressed to our specific business entity are to be brought to the front desk inside our main door. Generally this works very smoothly.

Some of my recent Zappos orders have not been delivered directly to our office. This is a bit unusual, and the tracking info for a shipment I was expecting today claimed that the package had been left at "front desk" and signed for by a name I did not know. I went around the building and checked with other likely destinations, including the front desk, and found nothing.

When I went into my Zappos account information to look up how to contact customer service to initiate a trace, I noticed that my shipping address was not correct. The street address and business name are there, but the qualifying piece that we use to indicate our specific office area had been changed. Shippers don't like this address because it does not conform to what the postal service thinks our address should be, and sometimes they take it on themselves to change it to what the USPS tells them it thinks it should be.

At least it's likely that the package is in the building somewhere, so I should be able to track it down soon.

No comments: