28 August 2011

This Week in Awesome (8/27/11)

Good morning, and welcome to this special wind-and-rain edition of TWiA. Obviously we have power, so let's hope it stays that way. The Mrs. took the dog out around 7:30 this morning, it will be my turn some time later this afternoon. Moving along...

Some clever wag mashed up Top Gear with an old children's cartoon. (Jalopnik via ?)

Have you been checking out Grantland? It's sort of a sports site, but there's lots of other great stuff there too. (Don't ask me what the name means; I must have been absent that day.) Solid writing all around, and quite entertaining. This is just a silly collection of YouTube videos that various writers liked.

How To Be A Retronaut is a site full of cool old things. (Gilt MANual)

And finally this week, I wasn't going to bother with anything storm-related, but then I saw this photo. I mean, you have to wonder what this person was thinking. (Jalopnik via New York Daily News)

No comments: