14 September 2011

Treats, Human and Otherwise

A couple of years ago I wrote about some mints I liked from Newman's Own Organics. My post was discovered by the company's PR representative via a Google keyword alert. She contacted me and offered to send me a sampling of the company's other product offerings. I accepted, and later wrote a bit about those products as well. I still prefer their pretzels because I've found them to be the tastiest and they have a reasonable amount of salt, but not too much.

A few weeks back, the same PR rep contacted me again to tell me the company was introducing two new flavors of cookies, and offered to send me samples. I thanked her and accepted her offer. The new cookie flavors are ginger snap and oatmeal chocolate chip. The cookies are bite-sized and crispy, perfect for snacking. I'm not a big fan of ginger, so I didn't get around to trying those, but the Mrs polished off the bag so I assume she liked them. I enjoyed the oatmeal chip variety and would certainly buy them myself.

The rep also included some of the company's new dog treats. They are hard and very crunchy, baked and biscuit-like in form. They come in four flavors; we got samples of two, beef and vegetable and lamb and barley. London, who is kind of a fussy dog when it comes to treats, has gone fairly nuts for these; she gives them four paws up. (The beef ones are almost gone already.) Also, the hard composition of these makes them helpful in cleaning a dog's teeth while it snacks.

So all the members of the SAR household were satisfied, and purchasing Newman's Own Organics products continues to be a smart choice.

No comments: