02 January 2012

Looking Ahead

The tree is being undecked (slowly), the last of the egg nog has been consumed for another year (I realize that I could stockpile it in the freezer, but that just seems sort of desperate, and I prefer the idea of a treat that's only available for a small portion of the year), and it's back to work tomorrow (boo, hiss). The winter break always slides by so quickly, I feel like I barely get the chance to do anything more than sleep late.

It was quite a year for us, with the Mrs. embarking on her great grad school adventure. She finished her first semester with a 3.4 GPA, which is pretty damn good, considering there were times she thought she wasn't going to be able to finish the required work, and I thought she was going to lose her mind in the process. One semester down, three to go.

I have the gift of full employment in a pleasant and collegial work environment. I sometimes listen to other people talk about problem coworkers and other workplace issues, and I remind myself how lucky I am. There are indications that this may be a somewhat challenging year for us as a company, but to be honest I welcome it, because it will bring out the best in us.

And this? Yes, this diversion will continue, hopefully better than before, or at least as good.

No comments: