04 January 2012

Wood Flakes

I have a peacoat I got about a year ago. Whenever I wear it, I find little bits of what seem like wood shavings on it, along with other assorted lint and fuzz. (I should have known better than to choose black, because the wool attracts everything and the black shows everything.)

Recently, I was putting on the coat and mentioned the wood bits to the Mrs. She figured out that they are coming from the closet rod: when the hangers get slid back and forth, they are causing tiny bits of wood to get rubbed off the rod, and they fall down onto the coat.

I may have to see if I can find one of those plastic shield things you put over the shoulders of a garment on a hanger. And also, this reinforces my feeling that I should have gotten the peacoat in gray.

3 comments:

A Proper Bostonian said...

Get one of those plastic shower-rod covers and cut to fit. Cheaper than buying covers for all of your hangers and they'll still glide easily on the rod.

Some Assembly Required said...

Ooh, good idea...

Shannon said...

When I can't find a proper garment bag I use a large trash bag - just cut a hole for the hanger, slide over coat & done!