28 March 2015

Retro Video Unit, Concert Edition (3/27/15)

I thought about this yesterday, but it didn't enter my mind at all today until I was out walking the dog about 30 minutes ago. Sooooo... I've had Fleetwood Mac on the brain a bit lately, not least because of the impeccable, spot-on use of "The Chain" in a recent episode of The Americans (seriously, even if you haven't seen the show, take five minutes and watch the clip at the bottom of this article).

I was also thinking about the live performance of "Rhiannon" that I posted a while back from an appearance on The Midnight Special in the mid-1970s. I was hoping I'd be able to find that whole show but the Midnight clips on YouTube seem to be limited to individual songs, so I decided to look for other Fleetwood Mac concerts. This one is from 1982, in support of the album Mirage. And while you're watching, think about how unfair it is that Lindsey Buckingham has never really gotten the respect he deserves for his guitar talent.


No comments: