02 September 2010

Attention, Shoppers!

Consider this a public-service announcement for those of you who live in the Boston area: the below-the-radar clothing and gear store Hilton's Tent City near North Station and the Garden is offering 25% off everything in the store, through the weekend (I think that's what I heard, but you may want to call them to confirm: 617-227-9242).

You won't find the info on their web site, though: I only found out because I went there today to try something on, and there was a large sandwich board in front of the store with a hand-lettered sign on bright green poster board.

Now, you might be thinking that I don't seem like the camping type, and you would be 100% correct. But Hilton's sells much more than camping gear: they carry a wide selection of Barbour outerwear and clothing, Filson, Woolrich, and Carhartt; serious outdoor clothing from high-end brands that you almost never see on sale anywhere, like Marmot, Canada Goose, and Arc'Teryx (I still have no idea how to pronounce that); bags from the likes of Crumpler and Bailey Works; a selection of footwear; and, yes, just about anything camping-related that you might require. Plus the place has been around a few decades and is sort of cluttered, and it's just fun to look around.

Their site says they're open weeknights until 9 and weekends until 6. There are some excellent deals to be had; tomorrow, I'll tell you what I bought, and why.

No comments: