21 September 2010

T Etiquette: School's in Session

I realize that some of you just arrived here a couple of weeks ago to start college. I was in the same situation, almost 30 years ago. And I doubt anyone else is going to tell you, so let me help you out:

You cannot sit on the steps of a Green Line train obliviously reading a book, especially during rush hour. One thing that you will notice very quickly is that people around here, especially the ones taking public transportation, are in a hurry. We want to get the hell home at the end of the day, and you are in the way.

By sitting there blocking the steps, you are slowing down the process of exiting and boarding the train. You are asking to get growled at, hit in the head with someone's backpack or purse, or flat-out pushed off the steps and out of the train. I don't care if all the seats are taken; suck it up and stand, like the rest of us. You probably didn't roll out of bed until 11 am today, anyway.

No comments: