29 September 2010

My Fourth Blogaversary

Yes, it's true: I started this blog four years ago today. That's a long time--the length of a presidential term, or the interval between Olympic games (never mind the alternating winter and summer thing, you know what I mean).

When I began, I had no idea how long my motivation would last. As it's turned out, the blog has become its own source of motivation. The process of thinking, observing, and critiquing, and the writing that emerges, encourage me to do more. And I'm at the point where I actually have a small but fairly steady audience (hi!), which acts as another form of motivation and encouragement.

True to form, I debated how to spell "blogaversary." I could have gone with "blogiversary" because that's closest to "anniversary," but that "i" in the middle didn't look right. "Blogoversary" reminded me too much of "Blagojevich," and I'd rather not be reminded of that. I know that "blogaversary" has its faults, but it feels like it shares something with "bloggah," which has the right local flavor.

Each year I look back and reflect on how the blog has evolved, and I'm sure that will continue. But for now, I just want to say thanks to all of you for stopping by to visit.

1 comment:

A Proper Bostonian said...

Congratulations! Yet another good reason to celebrate.