27 September 2010

Expense Report #25

Last week I admit I was back to prowling eBay again, somewhat more vigorously than I've typically been allowing myself. But with the arrival of fall (more or less), I found that I needed to do a shoe evaluation, and several pairs need to go away for various reasons (poor fit, lack of comfort, worn appearance), leaving me at something of a shoe deficit.

I see this as an opportunity to initiate a shoe upgrade program, where I stop buying whatever is convenient and inexpensive and start investing in buying grown-up shoes, preferably ones made in America or somewhere where quality still matters, that will last me many years.

In that spirit, I bought a barely used pair of Allen Edmonds business-casual shoes for $40, including shipping. This particular model goes for about $250 new, so that's 80% off. Not a bad start to the shoe upgrade program.

No comments: