13 September 2010

Expense Report Catch-Up

I haven't abandoned this idea, but I did kind of let it slide last week...

Two weeks ago, when I had the week off, I bought a cashmere cardigan from the sale section of the J. Crew site, but I used gift cards for 75% of the purchase. I also bought last year's Beatles box set, brand new, from eBay for $85 including shipping, which is a hell of a deal considering people are attempting to sell used ones for $100 or more on half.com, and Amazon currently has the set for $188 (down from $206 on the day I bought mine).

Continuing to get ready for fall, last week I bought a couple pairs of corduroy jeans from JCPenney online for $25 each, with free shipping. (I'm going to continue to try to convince you that Penney has some decent clothes for cheap.) I also picked up a J. Crew shirt from two falls ago (that I'd been looking for off and on ever since) on Style Forum for $20 including shipping.

One other thing that's helping me control my credit card spending is that a lot of web sites now accept PayPal, which means I can pay for stuff out of my bank account, like the birthday present I ordered yesterday for my dad (spoiler alert: more Omaha Steaks goodies).

No comments: