24 August 2012

About Last Night...

So yes, I attended a beer dinner (my first) which was spotlighting not one craft brewery, but two: California's Lagunitas and Colorado's Left Hand. Both make excellent beer, and having specific beers available to taste side by side, paired with the specific food in each course, was very interesting.

I'd had Lagunitas's IPA before, once, but had not tried anything from Left Hand. As a starting point, I would recommend the Lagunitas IPA and Little Sumpin' Sumpin', and Left Hand's Milk Stout and Smokejumper (which is a limited release). If you find yourself attending this type of event, I would also recommend maybe having a little snack beforehand; while I ate well, the sheer volume of beer I consumed (roughly five pints, give or take a bit, plus factoring in that some of the brews were much stronger than regular beers) was too much for the volume of food I consumed.

No comments: