06 August 2012

More Straps

Last week I mentioned that I'd also gotten a gray nylon strap for my pseudo-Sub. I forgot that I'd taken pictures of it, which I hadn't yet copied into my computer. So here it is:
The gray is much more subtle, and a better choice if I'm already wearing, say, a shirt that has a fair amount of red in it, which would look too matchy.

I also mentioned that I was looking for a royal blue strap. The next day we happened to go to Target, and alongside their Timex Weekender watches (which come with this type of strap) I found a selection of accessory straps, including a royal blue one:
As with most of my pictures, the actual color is a bit deeper than how it appears here. These are not as long as traditional NATO straps, but that is actually preferable to me. With the longer straps, you have to fold over the extra and tuck it into the metal loops anyway, and it frequently comes undone. Here's a look at the end of the blue strap:
As an added bonus, the straps at Target are only $7 each. There's also a nice bright orange I liked, but they only had it in a narrower width to fit the ladies' versions of the Weekender watches, so I'll have to look for it if I happen to go to any other Targets in the area.

1 comment:

Wildcat Whisperer said...

I like the ZULU style straps as well...a little bit thicker, and I usually cut mine to a "custom" length. I have been wearing a Bond-style striped one on my Seamaster this summer.