21 August 2012

Sandwich Love

The Mrs. has been having some foot issues, so yesterday we ventured to The Barn Family Shoe Store in West Newton so she could look for some more supportive shoes. We needed to get something to eat, and I realized that we were just a short distance from Blue Ribbon BBQ.

We've been to the Arlington location many times, but not for a while. I had just ordered a brisket sandwich when I noticed a meatloaf sandwich on the specials board, so I hastened to change my order. I've loved meatloaf sandwiches since I was a kid, mainly thanks to my father. They tend to taste even better when the meatloaf is refrigerated until the next day.

Blue Ribbon's came with lettuce, tomatoes, and onions, and some sort of tangy sauce. (I imagine they would have substituted one of their barbecue sauces if I'd asked.) Ordinarily I would have avoided their sauce and put mustard on my sandwich, but theirs was quite tasty, and the combination of the meat, vegetables, sauce, and roll was perfect.

If you go to Blue Ribbon and see the meatloaf sandwich on the specials menu, I suggest you order it. And don't forget your two sides, even with the sandwiches.

No comments: