13 August 2012

Retro Video Unit (8/13/12)

I was so busy making my list on Friday that I overlooked my usual music video thing, so let's take care of that.

I was thinking about Depeche Mode, who made some quirky videos during the '80s. I think "Behind The Wheel" is as good an example as any, and I was hoping there might be an official video for the version of the song that's combined with "Route 66" (the first mashup?), but I could find only fan-made videos for that, so we'll just stick with the official video for the original version of the song:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember getting the CD single (on import!) because I thought it had the Route 66 song, but it was the mashup you mentioned. Shortly after joining iTunes 8-9 years ago, I found it--The Beatmasters Mix. Loved that song.

Behind The Wheel was a good song too, but also kinda creepy. I believe Anton Corbijn directed the video, as he photographed the album art for a lot of their albums. It has the feel of his work.

Is it me or does Dave Gahan look like Shia LeBouf with a better haircut?

Some Assembly Required said...

My wife has the Beatmasters mix on one of those "Just Say..." compilations that Sire Records put out in the '80s.