03 August 2012

My Pen!*

I bought a nice pen a couple of months ago. And by "nice" I don't mean a Montblanc or that sort of thing. I'm not really into fancy pens, I just really dislike the cheapo stick ballpoints. I found this one in a stationery store when we were in Santa Cruz; it's a Pentel and it takes regular gel-roller refills, but it has a nice, distinctive brushed metal barrel. It looks good and feels good when I hold it and write with it.

I was using it pretty regularly, and then a couple of weeks ago I misplaced it. It was right before a career workshop I was attending, and I quietly lamented having to use a lesser pen. On the morning of the workshop I got to Harvard Square very early, and I had time to go into the Staples there, where I found they also sell the pen, so I bought a replacement.

Naturally, a day or two later I found the original pen on my desk, stuck between some papers. I didn't necessarily mind, because when I bought the original pen I'd also bought a blue refill, so I swapped that in and now I have one with blue ink and one with black ink.

I really only bother to mention it because it's currently on sale at Staples (in stores only), and $6 is a pretty good deal for a pen with a metal body. I even thought about buying a couple more, as backups.

*Those of you of a certain age may remember this Kids In The Hall sketch, one of my favorites:

No comments: