10 August 2010

Expense Report #18

Last week I bought a few CDs, and that was it. Of course I had to get the new Arcade Fire disc, which was only $8 at Newbury Comics. When I go there to buy something specific, I usually take a quick look around and try to jog my memory about other albums I'm interested in getting, though it usually doesn't work and I can't remember until after I've left the store (otherwise known as "being middle-aged").

This time I managed to remember that I'd heard good things about LCD Soundsystem, who released a new album a couple of months ago, so I grabbed that disc also. I liked it immediately, enough to go to Half.com and buy their previous two albums, which came out in 2005 and 2007, so I don't know how I'd managed to remain ignorant of them this long.

And here's a question: why can't you use PayPal on Half.com? It only occurred to me because I have a small PayPal balance that would have been enough to cover the cost of the CDs, but since eBay owns both Half and PayPal, it seems like an obvious and easy step.

No comments: