01 August 2010

We Will Be Experiencing Delays...

It's only the second week of the Mad Men season, and I won't be able to post a writeup tomorrow, because I won't be home to watch the show tonight when it airs (pretty unusual on a school night).

At the last minute (like, yesterday) I was able to get a ticket to tonight's Arcade Fire show at the waterfront concert pavilion formerly known as Harborlights (it has had so many different banks' names attached to it, I've lost track of what it's officially called now).

I really wanted to see this show, and I was really disappointed when I found out that I'd missed the on-sale date; the tickets had been on sale for a couple of weeks and were sold out. On the Live Nation site they suggest checking back for tickets as the show nears, because sometimes seats become available at the last minute. So that's what I did, and a single seat was available. I think I'm in the last row of the covered seating, but I wouldn't be able to see that well anyway, unless I was near the front, so it's more about the music than anything else.

So the writeup will have to hold until Tuesday. Meanwhile, there's a nice article about the band on the New York Times site, and if you're interested, their Thursday night show at Madison Square Garden is being streamed live on YouTube (there's a link to that page on the band's site).

No comments: