10 October 2011

Indian Summer

I want to feel happy about this weather. I really do. I understand why people dread winter; as I get older, it gets more challenging to deal with. But sitting in the living room this evening, we had to turn on the AC to be comfortable watching TV. It's mainly the TV's fault; it's plasma, and they throw a lot of heat. I didn't know this when I was shopping for a TV four years ago; I never saw it mentioned in any of the reviews I read. Had I known, I might have reconsidered getting an LCD.

I just want some fall. Is that too much to ask? Everybody likes fall, right?

We're going to a dress-up event this Friday evening, and for a couple of weeks now I've been assembling potential outfits in my head. Now the forecast says it's supposed to be 70 on Friday, and I'm thinking I might need to wear the beige cotton suit I bought this summer. I'm not certain if that's a fashion "don't" or not, but it might be a necessity for comfort.

No comments: