08 October 2011

This Week in Awesome (10/8/11)

Got busy at work again yesterday afternoon (what's up with these busy Fridays; that's when I'm supposed to be able to slip out early), guess I didn't have anything useful to say anyway. I did preorder my iPhone yesterday morning (through Verizon, so I could get my upgrade discount) and if everything goes according to plan I will receive it next Friday, the same day they go on sale.

Here's a tumblr site that chronicles the colorful and unusual outfits and people seen on subways. (Thrillist via Racked NY)

Ever think your barista is a snob? Watch this. (Funny or Die via Eater)

Imaginary Playboy covers featuring the ladies of Mad Men. What, no Peggy? Sure, she's not as sexy as Joan (who could be?), but come on. (BuzzFeed via Videogum)

A time-lapse video that's not of a city. Disclaimer: I did not think this was as awesome as the Gizmodo poster did, but maybe that's just me.

And finally this week, many, many tributes to Steve Jobs appeared online, and you probably saw many of them. I decided to feature just a couple of them: Stephen Colbert (video) and Stephen Fry (text). (Hat tip to DC)

No comments: