03 October 2011

Weather or Not

My favorite month has finally arrived, though it sure seems like it took its time getting here. October in New England is just beautiful, and if you have not had the opportunity to experience it, I hope you get to at some point.

The weather doesn't quite seem to know yet what month it's supposed to be. Just before I took the dog out this morning it started raining, and by the time we were halfway around the block it was really pouring, which made the dog reluctant to do her thing. Eventually she gave in, but it took her much longer than it usually does. The poor thing doesn't seem to realize that she's making it more difficult for herself than it needs to be. An hour or so later, as I was walking into work, the sun was out at full strength.

It was still a bit too warm today for me to wear a jacket, but over the weekend I decided that, regardless of what the weather brings, I am going to dress for the calendar, so I'm done wearing shorts for this year, at least to work. I'm going back to my regular shirts, pants, and shoes. But my shoes occupy the space under the bed, and I have more shoes than I have space, so I have to rotate the sneakers out and down into the basement, and get at least some of the loafers and lace-ups back in place; the boots can probably wait another couple of weeks.

I have a suspicion it's going to get warm one more time, so I need to be mentally prepared for that.

1 comment:

Telly C. said...

I LOVE this time of year as well! But I'm in the south so it's still relatively warm down here for the time being.