25 October 2011

Today's Outfit

I've never gone in for any of the "what I'm wearing today" stuff, because it just isn't my thing, but today things came together nicely, so why not? Don't expect it to become a regular thing, though; for one thing, I'd have to manage better pictures...
Jacket: olive green herringbone with red and mustard windowpanes. I got this from Lord & Taylor maybe five or six years ago; it's from their old house brand Grant Thomas, which they discontinued several years back in favor of the generally unappealing and poorly made Black Brown stuff (if you've seen any of it in person, you know what I'm talking about). This was originally a 3-button jacket, but I re-pressed the lapels to roll to the middle button. Lots of nice little details: traditional leather buttons, side vents, ticket pocket, suede elbow patches. A good find.

Shirt: Martin + Osa, in a red, olive, and cream plaid. This is about the only shirt I have that goes well with pants in the olive-to-brown range. If you want to get wonky about it, the colors in the shirt also tie in nicely with the colors in the jacket.

Pants: not sure what you'd call this color—medium brown? Five-pocket corduroys from JCPenney's house brand St. John's Bay. Cheap, obviously. I bought four pairs of these last year and get lots of wear out of them.

Shoes: these are those boots from Lands' End Canvas. They're plain-toe lace-ups in a very nice dark brown with a bit of burgundy to it. Still breaking them in, but they are more comfortable than I expected. Also available in black, and currently on sale for 1/3 off the original price. If you're interested, I recommend going up a half size from your usual dress shoe size.*

I'm also wearing a cheapo (like, less than $10) Michael Kors belt that I found several years ago at Building #19. It happens to match fairly well with these boots, and with some other shoes I have.

If I do this again, I'll definitely take a better picture...

*Ooh, you can get an extra 20% off the sale price of these boots with the code WOW20OFF and PIN 3737, but this offer expires tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really looking good!! talk to you