16 October 2011

This Week in Awesome (10/15/11)

So yes, my iPhone did arrive on Friday, before noon in fact (standard UPS deliveries typically arrive at my office around 1:30 pm, so I think the iPhone was sent via overnight). I figured out how to copy the photos off my outgoing phone into my computer, but (somewhat mind-blowingly for 2011) I still had to re-enter my contacts into the new phone manually, because Verizon's "backup assistant" thing doesn't work with pretty much any of the smartphones they sell. Anyway...

Those of you who remember MTV's animation show Liquid Television may be pleased to know that the show's various cartoons have been archived online. (Videogum)

Any type geeks in the house? Anyone see Helvetica? You'll want to check out this online type kerning game. (The Awl)

Here you'll find quite a comprehensive collection of photos representing the diversity of restroom signage, and some discussion thereof. (The Society Pages via The Awl)

Have you ever heard the expression "spite house"? This will explain everything. Interestingly, two of the houses featured are in greater Boston. (Twisted Sifter via The Hairpin)

And finally this week, you knew it was coming: Shit That Siri Says. (The Daily What)

No comments: